Friday, August 14, 2009

White Cake with Raspberry Sauce

Need a cake that is easy to make, looks pretty and tastes good? This is one of my favorites. The topping is light and fluffy and the glaze brightens it. Maximum effect for minimum effort.

1 package (18 1/4 oz) white cake mix

4 oz. cream cheese or mascarpone cheese, softened

1 cup confectioners' sugar

1 cup whipping cream, whipped

1 carton (16 oz) strawberry glaze

1/2 cup water

2 1/2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries

1. Make cake according to package directions and bake in a rectangular 13 x 9-inch pan. Make sure to level and hollow out the middle section because you want the top surface to be as flat as possible.

2. Cool cake completely in pan before preparing topping.

Topping:

1. Mix cream cheese/mascarpone cheese with confectioners' sugar until completely mixed.

2. Fold in whipped cream until completely incorporated. Spread evenly over top of cake.

3. Cover and store in refrigerator until ready to serve. I have a cake pan with a lid and I use that for easy storage.

4. Just before serving, mix strawberry glaze, water and raspberries together. Slice cake in squares, top with a tablespoon of the raspberry glaze and serve.

6. Store all leftovers in the refrigerator.

Note: When I am out of whipping cream I have used a small tub of the lite Cool Whip topping and that works fine. I keep tubs of Cool Whip in my freezer so I always have those on hand for desserts.

No comments: